Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wednesday Morning once again 10/20/10

Wow, thats such a neat date.  Doesn't take much to amuse me.  I have been working away on my rag quilt...it has some warts but all in all I think it's gonna turn out ok.  I am in the process of obtaining better equipment and supplies so will see how things go.
Had a pretty busy week so far..just the usual stuff, but busy.  I like it like that..this retirement thing is for the birds...it's so boring and makes me feel so useless!
Our court is still preparing for Halloween...gonna be a fun time around here..Lots of kids..big and small.
I am getting much better aquainted with my new sewing maching...good grief..I had never heard of some of the feet this has.  But then the last thing I sewed on was my Mothers 60 year old Singer. 
My machine is really just basic..middle of the road Kenmore (Janome makes) not computerized at all but I am loving it and think I made a good choice...some of the machines I looked at would probably intimidated me to the point of not even trying to use them.  I am very happy with this choice.  I am finding the world of sewing much more interesting then I did back (waaaayyyyy back) in school.  But now I have the time and am developing the patience for it.  I also love to do the embroidery I have recently learned to do.  Yep, guess I am turning into the proverbial "little old lady", but that's OK.  I had many years of walking on the wild side and the slow lane fits well now. Well, off to fold laundry and snip some more on freying my rag quilt.  When I get that done gonna take that puppy to a laundrymat to wash and dry..no way am I gonna put that in my washer!

No comments:

Post a Comment